Thursday, June 14, 2007

5 Mile Run

My average pace for my five mile run was 9:29 today.

We practically had a traffic jam of runners and walkers in our neighborhood this morning. There were three others out there with me and I hope the number grows. I like the friendly company.

My race day strategy for Saturday's 5K is to run at an 8:15 pace for the first 1 1/2-2 miles and then to pick up the pace if I can. My pace at my last 5K was 8:19. Hopefully, I'll finish strong, this time, by starting out at a slower pace. If I get a chance today, I'll look around online and in my running books for 5K race day advice.

Strength-building: dumbbell squats, seated rowing, bench press, curls, tricep kickbacks. (3 sets of each) I was able to increase the weight this morning. Weight training works!

Crunches: 100 (4 sets of 25)
V-frame: 1 minute
Plank Pose: 2 minutes
Push-ups: 12

We have our flag flying and I'm wearing my red flag t-shirt. It's a great day to say a prayer for those who serve our country. Happy Flag Day, America!

~Gotta Run Now

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how you do in your 5k!! Yes, if you can hold yourself to the 8:15, I think you'll do very well. Try hard!

    Remember...you have an AWESOME stride...think "quick leg turnover". And be sure and post all the details...and a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pony-
    Thanks for the advice! Try hard - that'll be tomorrow's race motto. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!