Sunday, June 3, 2007

Impact a Hero 5K Race Report

Yesterday, I ran in the Impact a Hero 5K in Sugar Land, Texas, a suburb of Houston. I beat all of my previous 5K times!

I decided to start out fast rather than to start easy and speed up later. It was fun to run fast right from the beginning, but I felt pretty tired when I got to the first mile marker. It was hot and humid, but the route was mostly shaded.

I'll run another 5K in a couple of weeks. I hope to keep my pace at about 8:15 in that race. In this race, my average pace was 8:19/mile.

At the race, I was able to meet two runners my husband knows, Karen and Tim, and a runner whose blog I like to read - her nickname is Pony. Pony and I just happened to start talking about running after the race and her blog came up. I was so surprised when I realized that I was talking to someone whose blog I've visited. It's a small world! Karen and Pony both placed in their age groups!

After the race I celebrated my 5K PR with ice cream from Dairy Queen. What a great morning!

~Gotta Run Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!