Cookies and Banana Bread

This morning, I ran a long run of 8 miles at a 10 minute per mile pace alternating water and Gatorade every 2 miles.

I ran on the treadmill today, but not because I was afraid of dogs roaming the streets again. I just kept putting my run off until it was about 9 o'clock and I knew it would be really hot outside by the time I finished my run, so I ran inside where we had the air conditioner turned on. I'm in that "in between races" time and since I don't have a major race planned, it's a little harder to stay motivated.

After lunch, I went to the grocery store and when I got home I started baking. Our daughter will be home next week from college and I made mini loaves of banana bread with walnuts for her to take back to school with her for breakfast.

Not only did I make the banana bread, but I also made lots of cookies. First, I made chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. I used 1/4 cup of cookie batter for each cookie. I think they're the largest cookies I've ever made!

I also made a few cookies with a "surprise ingredient" in them that I've never put in a cookie before. Let's see if my husband and daughter are risk-takers when they get home and I offer them those! A long time ago, I put cauliflower in the mashed potatoes, so they may not want to try food with a secret ingredient in it again! (Why did I put cauliflower in the mashed potatoes? I was hoping to find a new way to use a vegetable that my family usually didn't like to eat. If you're thinking of trying it - I wouldn't advise it. I thought it was pretty bad and I like cauliflower!)

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt