Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Bookshelf

After eating a bagel, I ran five miles. It was hot and humid and for the first half mile, I just put one foot in front of the other and thought about how glad I’d be in 50 minutes. I saw 8 blue herons, a dead snake and pink, purple and yellow wildflowers this morning.

My mile splits were: 9:54(warm-up), 9:34, 9:31, 9:41, 9:46.

After drinking a glass of chocolate milk, I worked on strength training: dumbbell squats, seated rowing, bench press, curls, and tricep kickbacks. Then I did the four exercises that I do every weekday: push-ups(13), v-frame(1 ½ minutes), crunches(100) and the plank pose(2 minutes).

Have you read any good running books lately? I went to the library today and as usual, I left with an armful of books. I picked up Running with Angels by Pamela H. Hansen. It’s about how Hansen achieved her goals of running a marathon and losing a hundred pounds. The book inspires me to achieve my goals, which brings me to tomorrow’s goal.

My goal for tomorrow is to run 3 of my 6 miles at an 8:45 pace. Knowing that I wasn’t able to do this last week makes me wonder if it will be impossible tomorrow, too, but I’m already preparing for my early morning run and I think I can do it if I push myself.

~Gotta Run Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family friendly!