New Pink MP3 Player

I was looking forward to my run today because it was time to work on my speed. Not only that, but it was my first run with my new pink mp3 player DH found me at woot.com. (It works great. Thanks, DH!)

It was a "two loose dogs day", but at least they didn't chase me down the street. Too hot for them, I guess! While I was running, the temperature went from a comfortable 73 to a warm 83 degrees.

I ran a total of 7 miles this morning. After a 1 1/2 mile warm-up, it was time to begin my fast 1/2 miles with a 2 minute recovery jog. I did that 6 times and then just ran until I hit 7 miles for a cool down, which was about 1 1/2 miles.

My goal was to keep the pace for the 1/2 miles at 8:19 (5K pace). I didn't know what my average pace was for these splits until I got home and I was surprised when I saw how I actually did. Here's how it went and what I was thinking:

8:15 (A half mile is a long way. Maybe I didn't set my watch to beep after a half mile. Maybe I didn't hear my "rest beep".)
8:25 (Fast. Fast. Fast.)
8:16 (This is my worst split. Hot and tired. No shade. I'll walk for the 2 minute recovery.)
8:58 (I'm not sure I can do it. It's hot! Where's the shade? Wah! Wah! Wah!)
8:50 (Half-mile over so soon? I could have pushed myself harder on this one.)
8:37 (Last one!)

I'm really happy with the times for my first half of my run, but the last half...well, I have room for improvement. It was a hard run. If only I would have stopped after three half mile splits!

Crunches: 100 (4 sets of 25)
V-frame: 2 minutes
Plank Pose: 2 minutes

Time for a homemade smoothie!

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. No, DH, that's "Dear Husband" no matter what DMIL thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaaha ya'll are FUNNY = )

    Good job on your 1/2 mile repeats. Those are TOUGH! Sounds like fun to me though...I REALLY enjoy my speed workouts!

    I hope you do hook up with the local running group...sure is alot of fun running with the Striders... I'm sure you'd enjoy yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Pony! Next week, when I do speedwork again, I'll think of you...and try to run as fast as you do! Ha! Ha! I wish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt