Six Miler

It was about a half an hour into my run before my legs stopped feeling tight this morning. After a warm-up run, I wanted to run at 5K pace (8:15) for 1/4 of a mile and to run a recovery jog for two minutes, eight times. My pace for those 1/4 miles was:
8:24, 8:22, 8:28, 8:12, 8:40, 8:32, 8:35, 8:19

I think I could have done better (I'm a fairly optimistic person :) ), but I started most of the splits too fast and when I saw that I could slow down, I slowed down too much.

I ran a total of 6 miles this morning.

Push-ups: 12; Crunches: 100 (4 sets of 25); V-frame: 1 1/2 minute; Plank Pose: 2 minutes

DD asked a very interesting question when she found out that I placed third in my age group in the race on Saturday. And the answer is, "Yes, DD, there were more than three ladies in my age group!"

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up