One of my Favorite Things about Running

Here's what I really, really like about running: I can wake up, throw on my running shoes and accomplish something that is going to make me feel great!

I ran 9 miles this morning. For the first two miles, the soft rain cooled me off. After running 6 easy pace miles, it was time for the challenge. Could I speed up for two miles? Yes! My running group's plan for the long run this week was to run two marathon pace miles (MP) during my long run again. Once I accomplished that, I ran a slow cool-down mile.

This was the plan for today:
Miles 1 through 6 - Run 9:45-10:00 min. miles
Miles 7 & 8 - Run 8:45-9:00 min. miles at MP
Mile 9 - Cool down.

Here's what I actually ran:
Mile 1 - 9:42 min. miles
Mile 2 - 9:47
Mile 3 - 9:47
Mile 4 - 9:46
Mile 5 - 9:45
Mile 6 - 9:41
Mile 7 - MP 8:58
Mile 8 - MP 8:51 Goal accomplished!
Mile 9 - 10:09

It was hard to run at a pace of 8:45 to 9:00 min. miles because I'm not used to running at that pace and, of course, I was tired. I had to keep checking my Garmin, which gives me my pace, and then I usually saw that I was running too slow or too fast.

Whether it's translating Latin, making quilts, naming the stars at night or something else, I hope that you have something in your life that's a fun challenge, too.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Are you an amateur astronomer? That would be one more thing we have in common!!

    I don't make quilts but I've always been interested in that. I've never been able to teach myself to sew on a machine = (

    I've tried multiple times but until someone designs a machine where you don't need a doctorate in biomechanical physics just to thread it, I guess I'll stick with stamping and scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH has an 11 inch telescope. You ought to come over for a star party at our house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up