Registered for the Big One Today

I just registered for the Houston Marathon!
The race will be January 13, 2008!

Our group run this morning was just too short at 3 1/2 miles. If I had been a little more awake I would have at least run another 1/2 mile, but I didn't think about it until it was too late.

My splits were 9:45, 9:24, 9:56 for the first three miles and 9:38 for the last 1/2 mile. My average pace was 9:41.

I was chatting with a running buddy this morning and could hardly believe what a small world this is when we learned that our families lived in the same little town in California when we were born.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! I registered for the marathon today too!!

    I wonder how close our race numbers will be to each other???

    And just think...if our training goes as planned, we should be running close by for the whole race...that'd be so neat!

    Here's hoping and praying for good, injury-free training for the next 5 1/2 months = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes I'll finish my run and read your blog later, and see that we did similar work-outs! It must be that great minds thing, right?!

    Yes, to hoping and praying for good, injury-free training...and that we stay motivated. Now that I've signed up for the marathon, I'm even more motivated to press on towards that goal!

    2 Tim. 4:7

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up