Yellow Running Group Run & Core Workout

I ran with my yellow running group this morning. It's a lot of fun running with a large group and chatting with folks. It was muddy in some places and everyone was polite and yelled "Mud!" or "Step!" when we came to bad places in the sidewalk that could cause you to trip. We ran through a nice park this week.

Here is my average pace for my 5 1/4 mile run:

Mile 1 - 10:04 min. mile
Mile 2 - 9:50
Mile 3 - 9:33
Mile 4 - 8:58
Mile 5 - 9:59
Mile 5.25 - 10:53

My average running pace was a 9:44 min. mile. I ran mile 4 at marathon pace (MP) because I was running with someone doing their MP run. I thought it would be fun to squeeze a fast mile into my run today. It was, but I'm glad tomorrow is my rest day.

After our run, my small ATP running group did a core workout. The plank pose exercises that I did in the past came in handy today. A lot of the workout was based on the plank pose where you hold your body up on your elbows and toes, parallel to the ground. We lifted one leg or one arm at a time and held it for 30 seconds, or lifted an arm and a leg at the same time.

For lunch, DH and I ate out at a new deli and I had a turkey sandwich with orange/cranberry sauce and potato salad. My new dentist, who is in the same shopping center as the deli, had a grand opening today and we walked down to the dentist office after lunch and took a tour.

After that, we did a little shopping and then we went to the library where I picked up a history book. After I got the book, DH told me that he started to read the book once in a bookstore and that it was kind of dry. He was pretty tired when he read it though, so maybe I'll try reading it when I feel wide awake and enjoy it.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Which history book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, DD!
    Glad to see you posting!

    I'm on page 14 of Our First Revolution: the Remarkable British Upheaval that Inspired America's Founding Fathers by Michael Barone and I don't know if it's good yet. (My apologies to Mr. Barone!) I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt