Cookies

I ran in place when I first woke up to see if my knee had recovered. No problems today, so I got ready to run with my running group. We met at 5AM and started with a 1 mile warm-up run. We ran two 30 second sprints with a 30 second recovery and then added another one for fun. We stretched and did an exercise work-out. I didn't do what everyone else was doing today - trying to take it easy on my knees. I did 15 push-ups, 30 crunches, 30 lower back extensions and 25 squat and dumbbell presses with 10-lb weights. Then we ran through the park and the neighborhood.

Our mileage total was 4.45 miles. My mile splits were 9:07, 8:42(this includes the sprints), 9:41, 9:30 with 9:17 for the last .45 mile.

I haven't had much trouble with the mosquitoes lately. Perhaps it's the Repel, which has Deet in it, that I use before I run. Or maybe the park has been sprayed for mosquitoes.

DD just called to say she's coming home tonight and that she got a 4.0 in summer school (at college). :)

I made chocolate chip cookies today. They taste great, but they spread out too far - they are 4-4 1/2 inches in diameter. Huge! I want them to come out thicker and to not spread out so much. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. :)

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt