Flour on the Trails

Did you hear about the people in Connecticut who marked a trail for their running group with flour on Saturday? Some people thought that it was an act of terrorism and the whole thing caused a big fuss and closed an IKEA store for hours because the trail went through their parking lot. If you want to read about it, here are the Google search results I got for the story.

This morning, I ran with the ATP running group. After our warm-up mile, we did some stretching and ran two 30 second sprints and then it was time for the hard work.

We ran 5 sprints of 600 meters (3/8 mile) at 5K pace and in between those we ran a recovery jog and completed 5 different exercises, like 24 bench dips and 40 crunches. They were the same exercises that we did last week, but we did more reps today. We did 4 sets of each exercise because we did them each time we came back from a sprint and recovery jog, except the last time, when we cooled down with a 2 mile run.

I didn't push myself as hard today as I did last Thursday. Today, I was running the sprints alone and it was hard to motivate myself. My times for my last three 600 meter sprints were about 2:51, 2:50 and 2:47. (I ran the first two too short so I'm not listing them.) Last Thursday I was usually right behind a couple of runners and trying hard to keep up with them and that helped me to go faster. Hopefully, I'll try harder when we meet again this Thursday.

I ran 6 miles this morning and my average pace was 9:14. My average pace for each mile was: 9:09, 9:13, 8:52, 8:48, 9:49, and 9:31.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. I read that this morning. Nuts! I know we have to take things seriously in this day and age but how hard is it to figure out that it was flour? And that it was for a running group...when all those people were running through there?

    I feel bad for the guy; it definitely sounded like an innocent mistake that will cost him a fortune now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might like to try the run they were doing - following a trail of symbols. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up