First Green Group Run

I woke up at 5:10AM, ate a banana, and by 6:09 I was doing a warm-up run from our group run location. I was too late to run with anybody else, but I only had to run a mile alone before I made it back for some drill work.

Today I joined the green group for the group run. They run faster than the yellow group I've run with before and they run more miles. My ATP group suggests longer miles than my yellow group runs so maybe this will make it easier to get all of the miles in that I'm supposed to on Saturdays.

My average pace was 9:30. Here are my mile splits for the day:
Mile 1 - 9:22 (I was trying to hurry so I wouldn't miss anything with my group)
Mile 2 - 9:40 (beginning of green group run)
Mile 3 - 9:07
Mile 4 - 8:51 (I needed 2 MP miles today)
Mile 5 - 9:02 (I wanted between 8:45 and 9 for my MP miles, but this will do)
Mile 6 - 9:35
Mile 7 - 10:00 (Pretty tired by now!)
Mile 8 - 10:25 (long stop-light)

After running 8 miles, we stretched, did a core workout and I listened to the seminar on injury prevention.

I took Gatorade with me on my run and I ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich after the run.

Last night, I made two peach smoothies for dessert. I blended two scoops of orange sherbet, 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches and some fat-free milk. DH would only say that it was as good as Jamba Juice, which is very good, but I thought it was even better.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up