Twelve Miles Completed

Preparing for today's run really started last night with dinner: a turkey sandwich and potato salad. This morning, I woke up at 4:35AM and ate a banana and a couple of fig newton cookies and by 5:50AM, we were off.

Here's how the run went:

Mile 1 - 9:48 min/mi average pace
Mile 2 - 9:33
Mile 3 - 9:29
Mile 4 - 9:27
Mile 5 - 9:27 (Towards the end of this mile, I ate 3 black cherry Clif Shot Bloks. I like them.)
Mile 6 - 9:30
Mile 7 - 9:45
Mile 8 - 8:59 (Goal pace:8:45.)
Mile 9 - 8:46 (Goal pace:8:45.)
Mile 10 - 8:34 (Goal pace:8:45, but maybe this makes up for mile 8.)
Mile 11 - 9:17
Mile 12 - 9:20

Average Pace - 9:20 min/mi

I used my Garmin to remind me to drink - drinking whenever it beeped for each mile, when I remembered. The last time I ran with the group, I was surprised at how little I drank. Today, I drank Gatorade during the first three miles or so and water after that. Fortunately, volunteers put water out for the runners, because I drank all of the water that I had brought with me. I weighed myself when I got home and I think I lost less than a pound, which means I drank enough on the run. I felt fine on the run - no cramps, exhaustion or anything.

After our run, we had a group stretch and a core workout. Then Margie challenged everyone to do a bunch of push-ups. It sounded a little crazy after all that we had already done, but I gave it a shot and did 18 - that's my maximum, so far.

When I returned to my car and opened my bag with my post-workout snack in it, I was surprised to find some Snickers candy bars in it thanks to my husband. Now, that's sweet!

He's outside on the riding lawn mower right now and I think it's time for me to get out there to do some yard work, too.

We have a movie night planned. We're ordering Domino's pizza and I'm sure popcorn and red licorice will be involved, too. It's a good thing I run!

Okay, I guess I put it off long enough. Now I really better go outside to work...

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up