Eighteen with My Running Club

It's done. By 8AM this morning, I had run 18 miles bringing this week's total miles up to 47.

I ran four miles with another runner and thought I'd have time to meet my running group before they left for their run. But when I got back to the parking lot, I thought I saw my green group running down the street, so I had to pick up the pace (6:28/mile) to catch up. I caught up, but they weren't my running group, so I ran back towards the start.

I found my group, but thought I'd better try running with the folks in the back of the pack so I slowed down. I saw some runners behind me that I thought I might run with, but when they caught up with me and started passing me, I saw that they weren't in our group. They were in the very fastest group.

So, I had to speed up again to catch up. If I lost the green group, I'd be running in the dark by myself, so I had plenty of incentive. I ran an extra mile or two after the group run for a grand total of eighteen with an average pace of 9:27/mile.

My post-run snack was a Chewy Chocolate Peanut Snicker's Marathon bar and there's a good reason that they named it chewy. My jaw is still tired. I drank some chocolate milk, too. Have I had enough chocolate today? Nah.

Mile splits: 10:22, 10:28, 11:00, 10:37, 9:19, 8:34 (took a gel), 8:27, 8:51, 9:08, 9:07, 9:27, 9:18 (took a gel), 9:16, 8:54, 8:52, 9:02, 9:47, 9:42

Have fun, be thankful, spend time with your loved ones, run if you are able and I hope you have a good Thanksgiving week!

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt