Larabar Bar

Do you ever stand in front of all of those bars at the grocery store and wonder if any of them are edible? After you've tried a few, you might. This weekend, I was given some free samples (mostly from REI) : a cool mint chocolate Clif Bar, which I wrote about Tuesday, and a handful of Larabars. Here's what I think of of the Larabars:

Larabar Apple Pie- I really like it. Today, I found the Larabars on sale at a local grocery store (HEB) for $1. Normally, I think they cost about $1.30.

Larabar Cinnamon Roll- I really like this one, too. I looked for this at the grocery store today, but they don't carry this flavor. It's made of dates, walnuts, almonds, cashews, and cinnamon. That's all. Of course, you could always just grab some nuts and dried fruit and munch on those, but these are compact and might be especially good on a hike or plane trip, somewhere where you're short on space.

Larabar Cherry Pie- The cherry taste is too tart for me, even though I thought this would be my favorite of the flavors that I had.

Larabar Jocolat Chocolate Coffee- I was only able to eat two bites of this bar - coffee is just not my cup of tea. There are very few things that have coffee in them that I like. (One of them is Nescafe Ice Java Iced Coffee Syrup Chocolate Mocha flavor. This makes a good chocolate milk - great after a long run.)

Today was a scheduled running rest day and I'm ready to tackle six miles tomorrow.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. We get our Lara bars from Costco and sometimes Sam's has them. You get a box with 3 flavors...apple, cherry and chocolate.

    I like them all, even the chocolate, which I'm not really into but it has coconut in it (I think) so it tastes good to me.

    I also like that it's more natural than most of the bars on the market.

    I feel like I'm living or RUNNING vicariously through you now = ) When I can't run, I pop on over to your blog and see what you've done for the day and then I feel happy that at least one of us is out there training successfully! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll be back to running without any shin pain soon, though.

    I'd like to try the Pecan Pie Larabar. I think it only has three ingredients in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt