The Longest Run This Year

I was at the park a little before 6AM today and one runner from my group was there. We waited twenty minutes for the rest of the group to show up, but in the end, it was just the two of us. She ran with me for seven miles before she headed home. She's headed to Boston this April. I hope I am, too.

I was absolutely fine on the whole run even though... it was 45 degrees and I was shivering when we started, I didn't have any music to listen to, and after running 18 1/2 miles my feet felt tired. But you know what? It wasn't that hard to run 20 miles. Even the 13 miles by myself was fine. I was tired towards the end, but not exhausted. I thought it would be a lot harder. And I even ran into a running friend along the way.

I ran 20.25 miles (even .25 matters when you've run 20) with an average pace of 9:27/mile. I picked up the pace the last four miles to about 9:06/mile.

Was it only yesterday that I mentioned my nice warm kitchen? Last night the heater broke! Let's see if baking some chocolate chip cookies will warm it up.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. I forgot - are you also running SunMart? We had a bunch of runners doing their long run today and tomorrow but the weather is just lousy for it.

    I skipped the run today because of lightning everywhere. Rain too, but that never stopped me.

    I can't believe your heater broke! Come on up to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not running Sunmart. Next up, is the Houston marathon.

    I'm glad that I got my long run in on Friday. It wasn't as windy as Thursday and it wasn't as rainy as it is today.

    The heater should be fixed today, but thanks for the invitation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up