Friday, January 11, 2008

Marathon Expo

I ran four easy miles this morning with a pace of 10:00/mile. It was a chilly 43 degrees. I didn't want to run too hard because the marathon is Sunday.

We went to the marathon expo this afternoon and I listened to a talk on race recovery and one of the tips I learned from the speaker, Roberta Anding, was to eat within 15 minutes of finishing. I think I've heard to eat within 30 or 45 minutes, but not 15. So I'll try to refuel soon after I finish running from now on. I don't know about you, but sometimes that's hard to do. There are a lot of things I need to do when I finish running and eating is something that is easy to put off.

I came home with a bag of stuff: an ice pack, food, lotion, a bandana with a map on it, water bottles.

I tried a new Luna bar - Pistachio. I was surprised that it was greenish. Cinnamon is still my favorite.

I tried a new Clif bar - Blueberry. In the past, I tried Clif bar and didn't like them, but Blueberry was good and fruity.

I like the gray marathon t-shirt all marathon runners were given this year and I saw the t-shirt that the finishers will receive and asked how much it was because I liked it, not knowing it was the one I'll be given when I finish. So there's another incentive to finish the marathon: gotta get that shirt!

I bought two car decals. I needed them. Yes, I really did. I have one of those cars that everyone else seems to have also and this way I'll be able to find mine in the parking lots. I got one that says "26.2" and of course, I had to buy the one that said, "Gotta Run". It's not Gotta Run Now, but it's close enough. Someday, I'd like to get one that says, "BQ"!

Note: Since one of my wonderful readers may not be up on all of the running lingo, to BQ is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. (And I'd really, really like to do that!)

~Gotta Run Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I'll post your comment ASAP!