My Second Television Debut

So this is what it's like to be famous. I've had people come up to me and tell me they saw me on TV this week...well, two of my friends have told me that anyway!

Just after crossing the finish line at the marathon, looking bad enough to warrant one of the medical volunteers to tell me, "Look at me and smile so I know you're okay", I had a microphone in front of me and was interviewed by the local tv channel who was broadcasting from the marathon location.

I didn't write about it on my blog and I hoped that I looked so bad that no one would recognize me. (Wait, I don't think that came out the way I meant it!) But a couple of people have mentioned the show and you know what that means. : (!

Only about two minutes before the interview, I was trudging down the street towards the finish line thinking, "I know I didn't make my goal of 3:50."

But the next thought was, "I'll go as fast as I can. I've got to keep trying." I sure wish my Garmin had been working because I'd like to know if I really did speed up or if it was only a figment of my exhausted imagination.

My family hasn't said so, but they may be getting tired of hearing my marathon stories, but I haven't told all of them yet. Aren't blogs great?!

Last, but not least, today I ran five recovery miles at a comfortable 10:07/mile pace in very uncomfortable cold and windy conditions.

By the way, if anyone else is interested in an interview, just call my agent!

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. I will NEVER get tired of hearing your marathon and other running stories!!

    Well, I'm even interested in hearing your non-running stories = )

    You really made my mom's day when you told her she's the reason you started making homemade pizza... thanks for being so nice...for being YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really nice getting to meet your family last week, Pony!

    ...And you just made my day!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt