Friday, January 25, 2008

Tina's Whole Wheat Bread Recipe

In case you wondered about my recipe, like my friend Pony, here's the recipe I used yesterday to make my bread...

Place these ingredients in the bread machine:

1 cup and 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
3 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten (found in the baking aisle at the grocery store, near the special flours)
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

Set bread machine to dough cycle and turn it on.

When it's finished, knead dough, divide it into two pieces and shape them into loaves.

Freeze one for another time. (This meant my loaf was only a half of a loaf because that's all I wanted to bake.)

Put the other loaf in a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray.

Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about an hour.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Brush with melted butter.

Note: The ingredients shouldn't be cold. I heated my milk up in the microwave until it was lukewarm, which worked for me.

In the past, I've made the bread in the bread machine only, but I think baking it in the oven makes it taste and look better. This was just my first try with this recipe, so even though I liked it, there's probably room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it swear-free!