One Question

I ran six miles this morning with an overall pace of 9:24. (My goal was to run with an overall pace of 9:16. That's thirty seconds slower than my marathon goal pace.) My splits were 9:18, 9:17, 9:14 and then I got slower with splits of 9:31, 9:28, 9:36. In the second half of my run I took a "walk and drink break" each mile even though I don't like to walk once I've started running.

One question is really bothering me: why can't I keep up the pace? Am I not eating right? Do I just need to be more patient? Was it too hot? Should I have had more than just water with me?

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Was it more humid? How had you slept the night before? How had you eaten? Were you well-hydrated?

    Were you recovered from your previous run? Are you acclimated to the warmer temps compared to the winter temps?

    Were you over-dressed? Under-dressed?

    If the answer to all of the above are ok...it just wasn't your day!!

    Good runs...go figure! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pony-
    Hmm... I had potato salad with ham and egg in it for dinner. I'm wondering if I need to add more protein to my diet. Thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... isn't that more than one question...? %-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Husband-
    If you are going to correct me, I think you should change your blogger name first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up