Packet Pick-up Today


I picked up my race packet today for the Freedom 5K. Here's my new t-shirt. Racing will be fun, but I have my doubts about beating 24:14 (my last and best 5K time) based on my recent speedwork. I'm hoping just being in a race will make a big difference.

I ran five and a half miles this morning at the park. I warmed up and then I ran two sets of one and a half miles at a "faster" pace. When I finished the first one and a half "faster" miles (at 8:30) my face felt like it was on fire. I took a short "drink/dry off/stretch" break and was off again. My next one and a half miles was slightly faster (8:25). I ran a mile more at a comfortable pace (9:59).

It was so sunny, humid and hot this morning.
~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Can you believe I have never run a 5K race before ?! Crazy, huh?

    Best of luck to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    You might like 5K's. It's a fun way to start the Fourth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up