Walnut and Blueberry Bran Pancake Recipe

I did a short run yesterday and we had a picnic at the park where we saw a baby armadillo digging around in the dirt. He looked just like those cute little stuffed animals you see in the stores here in Texas.

Yesterday, I made pancakes for lunch and I microwaved them for breakfast this morning. If you'd like the recipe for the Walnut and Blueberry Bran Pancake recipe I found in Runner's World magazine, click on my blog post title for today. I didn't follow the directions exactly: I used reduced fat milk and old-fashioned oats, but they were still good.

The plan for today was to run nine miles with two or three later miles run at half marathon pace, depending on how I felt. I haven't run a half marathon since last fall, but then my pace was about 8:30. Here are today's splits: 9:37, 9:36, 9:44, 9:35, 9:35, 9:30, 8:35, 8:21 and 8:41/mi. I drank something every two miles - alternating Gatorade and water.

I felt pretty good out there. Maybe the lack of wind (last week was very windy), what I ate and drank yesterday (a snack whenever hungry and lots of water) and what I drank during my run all worked together today. I hope to do a repeat next time.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. ooooooh...panny-cakes!

    YUMMMM

    = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice that the recipe does not include sugar in the ingredient list but in the directions it does? I think Runners' World missed something ... ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't remember noticing that before. I must have made them without sugar, but since they have honey in them, they didn't taste like something was missing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cory-

    I forgot the most important thing I wanted to write:

    Thanks for pointing out the problem with the recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt