Gotta Run Faster

The goal: to run 11 miles with miles 8-10 fast, but I also had some unplanned speedwork today.

Lessons learned before I reached mile 8:

I only have to run 8:23/mi to outrun a little dog.

I can run 5:26/mi when running away from a big dog!

After that bit of excitement, I slowed down until mile 8. It felt great to pick up the pace for about 1 1/2 miles and then it was just plain hard for the next 1 1/4 miles. My face was red-hot. My entire body was drenched. I was miserable. But my Garmin showed that my pace was okay and there was only a quarter of a mile to go. That changed everything! I was able to finish mile ten strong.

I ran 11.12 good miles today. I averaged a 9:19/mi pace and miles 8, 9, and 10 were run at 8:29, 8:14, 8:17/mi.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up