3 x 30 Second Sprints

Last night, I looked through my running journal to see if I recently ran at anywhere near my sprinting goal for today - a 7:07/mile pace - ever. I thought seeing some fast paces would give me a little confidence. I looked and looked and then I gave up.

This morning I ran a couple of miles to warm-up and then I started my thirty second sprints. The thirty seconds went by so fast that I didn't have time to think about anything except my running form. During my recovery jog, I checked my Garmin to see my pace - 6:29. I ran the second one at 6:24. Happiness! : )

After that, I was tired and thirsty and on my way home for a drink. At the last second I decided that I wanted to get the third sprint over with so I hit the button on my Garmin and raced home. I felt slow. I didn't take the time to check my time on that one and ran a few more miles to finish up my seven mile run.

When I got home, I checked the pace for the last sprint - 6:09. The numbers are already in my running journal. Maybe I should go find a highlighter so that I can find them the next time that I need a little confidence boost.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. WEEEEEEEEE-DOGGIES!!!

    I feel the need...the need...for SPEED = ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You are fast! I've got to read what you've been doing. I seem to be getting slower and slower. Of course, rarely doing speedwork is probably a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Runnermom-
    Thanks! If you get the chance, you might try a similar speed test and see how it goes. I know I wasn't even expecting to reach a 7:07 pace. You never know until you try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up