Only 199 Days Until the Marathon

I signed up for the January 18, 2009 Houston Marathon! I was planning on running in the Kingwood marathon, a smaller marathon with only 300 runners, but I want to run in a pace group this year so I changed my mind and signed up for Houston. If I'm in a group, I should be okay even if I have trouble with my Garmin like I did in January... unless everyone else has trouble with their Garmin, too. Impossible, right?! Besides, running with a group will be fun.

I don't know which marathon training plan to use. The plans I'm thinking about are the Ultimate Marathon Training Plan - Advanced, one of the plans at the Boston Marathon website, or the 55 mile/24 week plan in Pfitzinger's book, Advanced Marathoning.

So far, my goal is 3:50:59 (to BQ). The first time I ran a marathon my goal was just to finish. The second time my goal was to PR. This will be my second time to try to BQ (and my fourth marathon).

I came across an article about running in the heat at the NY Times website that you might like to read. It was long, but interesting.

Today I'm taking a day off from running. I'm really excited about the race tomorrow. Thank you for the well-wishes! : )

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt