Tina's Peach Crisp Recipe

These juicy, sweet peaches made delicious peach crisp.

Since my husband didn’t care for the oats in the original recipe and I found a better way to make the filling, I took the original recipe for fruit crisp from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book and came up with this recipe. I’ve made it a few times this summer and have some peaches ripening on my kitchen counter right now so that I can make it again soon. This simple-to-make recipe takes about an hour from start to finish.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

For peach filling:
Peel and slice 3 cups (about 4) peaches and place peaches in a colander over a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons sugar to peaches. Stir occasionally while preparing the topping.

For topping:
In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup brown sugar, ¾ cup all-purpose flour and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in ¼ cup butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.

Place the peaches in an 7 inch (approximately) round baking dish. Whisk 1 teaspoon cornstarch into peach juice to thicken juice. Pour the juice over the peaches and stir. Optional: stir some chopped pecans into the peaches.

Pour topping over peach filling. Bake for 25 minutes.

Comments

  1. My parents just gave me about 15 peaches from their tree. We've eaten a bunch (NOTHING says summer like ripe, sweet peaches!), but have many left. You going to post a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you aren't able to eat all of them soon enough, you could freeze sliced peaches and they sure would make good smoothies. I'll post my recipe if I get some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Runnermom-
    I posted the recipe since you asked about it. If you try it, I hope that you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt