Running Drills

Yesterday I tried to increase my tempo run from the two miles I did last week to three miles. I warmed up for two miles and then I gave it all I had for 2 1/2 miles, but even my fastest mile was too slow (8:31, 8:38 and 8:49) and then I ran three slower miles for a total of eight miles.

I did do one thing right Monday. I changed into my Asics DS Trainers after running two miles. That meant I never ran in sloshing conditions (socks and shoes so wet I can hear them pounding the pavement). It also meant that my shoes felt great when I did the tempo run. There's a big difference between my Mizuno Wave Riders and my Asics DS Trainers (they seem to have more cushioning).

Today, I did a "B" skip running drill. I did it after I was warmed up from about half an hour of exercising and before my five mile run. I've started doing a drill on Tuesdays when I run. You can find lots of videos of running form drills demonstrated online. If you click on my post title today, you can see Sara Hall demonstrate three drills.

Right now, I'm baking bread in my bread maker. Don't you love that fresh-baked bread smell?

Comments

  1. Thanks for the Sara Hall link. I might have to try those drills. Though I will look pretty silly doing it here in my neighborhood!

    For the Push Up Challenge, you have to do all 100 push ups nonstop, so I have a LONG way to go to "graduate." I don't know that I'll ever get there, but I am getting stronger, so that can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Yeah, I know just what you mean about looking funny!

    100 non-stop? That would be hard. I just might have to try that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement and thanks even more for praying for me! It's nice to know someone understands why I'm so sad and why we care so much about finding a new church.

    I'm going to give myself a break on all speedwork for the month of August. I'll still do it, just not beat myself up if I don't hit the numbers = ))

    I read all our blog comments, plus they get emailed to me so I never miss one...thanks for commenting!

    And yes, I DO love the smell of bread baking! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! Yes, I really understand.

    I'll try not to worry about the numbers, too. We've got months to prepare.

    And right now, I'm eating the bread. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt