Twelve Miles on Tuesday

Sunday and Monday I did a couple of short runs and Monday I completed a dumbbell workout, too. Since this is a recovery week, I'll be running fewer miles and skipping drills and hills.

Today was the day to do my long run for the week - twelve miles. After eating some banana bread, I ran for six miles and came home for two minutes to stretch and refill my fuel belt bottles with Gatorade. After that, I was off again for another six miles.

Drinking Gatorade worked well for me today. I drank at every two mile mark, but not all of the 6 oz. bottle. A little later, I finished the bottle. This way, I didn't feel too full from drinking too much all at once.

There was a strawberry smoothie (yogurt, strawberries, milk, flax seed, and wheat germ) waiting for me when I got home. I was afraid that I'd be sorry that I added the flax seed and wheat germ because of their texture, but they seemed like strawberry seeds and weren't a problem. A little later, I ate a big spoonful of peanut butter, too. I wanted to be sure to eat enough protein.

Here are my mile splits: 9:57, 9:45, 9:40, 9:35, 9:31, 9:25, 9:36, 9:28, 9:21, 9:18, 9:05, and 9:33. The average pace was 9:31/mile.

Comments

  1. I hope I can get my splits as low as yours before my half-marathon!
    Those look great.

    Banana bread is my favorite pre or post run food. I got the best recipe from Runner's World of all places.

    The smoothie sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Runnermom! :)

    I looked up banana bread from Runner's World and found Flour's Famous Banana Bread. Maybe that's the recipe you use. I'm going to try the applesauce version soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt