Completed the Long Run for the Week

I ate a banana and an English muffin topped with honey and then I was on my way. It was hot (felt like temperature ranged from 83-87 degrees) and a little windy, too (which I didn't make up for with any speed - too hot), but I was glad about the wind - it cooled me off a little. My average pace for the 17 mile run was 10:12/mi.

I drank Gatorade Endurance nearly the whole way and I liked it. It looks like I'll be able to drink it when I run in the Seattle marathon. It would be nice to not have to safety pin gels to my shorts like I did when I ran the Houston marathon.

Neighbors were friendly and I wasn't chased by any dogs today. Even though I complain about the dogs sometimes, I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood with nice neighbors and at least some shade. I included the shady streets in my run as much as possible.

Except for a minor stomach cramp in the eleventh mile, I felt fine during and after the run. Glad to be home and feeling like I accomplished something, I sat in an ice bath and drank what seemed like the very best blueberry smoothie ever.

Blueberry smoothie ingredients: lots of blueberries, banana, vanilla yogurt and milk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up