17 Beside the Bayou (Mostly)

This was a great morning for a run. I ran seventeen miles at Terry Hershey Park. I really like the shady trail and hearing the water rushing along in the bayou. The temperature was 60 when I started. There are some hills along the trail I had forgotten about and I don't think I need any more hill work this week.

I fueled up with gels and water today, but I had a little water trouble. I drank the last of my water at mile ten. I thought I must be very close to a fountain when I came upon a big work truck in the middle of the trail cleaning up (tearing down?) a huge tree, probably because of Hurricane Ike. Rather than make them stop to let me pass, run to the water fountain, and make them stop again when I returned, I made a u-turn right there at 11.83 miles. I was hoping for a drink at mile 12, but that wasn't going to happen.

I ran back to the parking lot, eating gel at mile 13 (what will happen if I don't drink water with it like the directions say?) and got my drink at 13.34 miles. A little late, but no problems. Let's call the last two miles my cool-down miles. I was just happy to be running at any speed (even up the hills, but slowly now) and not walking back to the car.

I was supposed to run 14 MP (8:35) miles today within my 17. That was the goal according to my plan. My pace would have been fine, if it wasn't supposed to be much faster today. Maybe I should have pushed myself harder, but I really don't think I could have run 14 miles at 8:35 no matter how hard I pushed. Maybe if it were 40 degrees outside?! Probably not!

Average pace- 9:07
Splits- 9:44, 9:19, 9:07, 8:47, 8:46, 8:42, 8:59, 9:04, 8:44, 8:46, 9:31 (water, water?!), 9:10, 9:05 (got my water!), 8:58, 8:54, 9:40, 9:51

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt