That 20 Miler? Done!

I was up at 6 AM and running by 7 AM. The temperature today was about twenty degrees cooler at the start (57) than yesterday and my only problem (and I love to have this problem) was that I had to figure out what to wear for the chilly morning. I wore shorts and a short-sleeve shirt with a long-sleeve shirt over that which I took off after an hour. That worked out perfectly.

I didn't have to do anything special today (no MP miles) so I just ran at a comfortable pace, which has gotten faster as the temperature has lowered. My average pace for the run today was 9:08/mi. I started slower than that and the last miles were faster than 9:08/mi. That's just how it worked out.

When I had about three more miles to run, it got kind of tough. I was tired and the wind had picked up. Unfortunately, the hills I'll be running up and down and up and down again in Seattle will be worse than the wind I ran against this morning. I didn't quit knowing that I have to keep going even when wind, hills or whatever makes running harder. No quitting allowed!

Another tough part was when I got close to home. Keep my eyes on the house and don't stop running... Watch the house... Watch the house. I finally made it, but it was sure a long third of a mile.

I ran for three hours and three minutes today.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt