Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Finished the Seattle Marathon!




I finished the Seattle Marathon. It was so hard! And now the "maybes" are running through my mind:

Maybe I shouldn't have stayed with the 3:45 pacer for the first eight miles. The first three miles were fast: 8:10, 7:43 and 8:16. I was worn out by mile 10.

Maybe I didn't push myself hard enough.

Here's my summary for the Seattle marathon. It was hard! I've never walked as much as I did today. I walked up steep hills and in the later miles, I even walked on flat land. I don't like to walk during marathons, but I was so exhausted. My finish time was 4:10:42 - not a PR, but I always follow that thought with: it was so hard and I wanted to quit, but I didn't. I'm really glad about that because the thought did cross my mind a few times.

A special thanks to my husband who guest blogged here today - that was a surprise to me. And I thought he just went back to the hotel and took a long nap.

~Gotta Run Now


Photos: At the starting line and getting the chip taken off my shoe at the finish.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I checked yesterday afternoon to see if you had posted and saw all the guest posts.

    That sounds like a really hilly marathon; instead of age grading us on time, they should have a handicap built in for the number of hills in a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for finishing a TOUGH race.

    Wow...I can't imagine how challenging that course must be since you trained so well, even for hills.

    So I'll say it again...WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and for keeping it family-friendly!