My 4th 20 Miler

Today I ran the fourth twenty miler I've completed while training for the Seattle marathon and I feel great. After fixing a problem with my Gatorade Endurance (I didn't add enough powder) and after a Garmin scare, the run went smoothly.

The Garmin problem: during my fifth mile, I hit a wrong button on my Garmin and saw a screen I had never seen before with the terrible phrase, "Low Battery". You don't want to see this at the beginning of a twenty miler. Maybe the battery was only low because it wasn't fully charged. Let's hope! (It never flashed the usual "low battery" message I've seen before that's shown in a small rectangle on the screen.) In the end, my Garmin battery never died. : )

It was windy today, but I worked hard to gradually speed up in the last half - hoping I could push myself if this were the real thing. Since I'm too lazy to post all of them, here are the splits for the last ten miles : 9:38, 9:26, 9:17, 9:16, 9:14, 9:16, 9:15, 9:07, 9:10, and 8:38 (a fast finish just because I was so happy to be running the last mile). Ave.: 9:26.

Now it's taper time! : )

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. I've been wondering about you... congrats on making it to the taper!!!!

    How exciting = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can hardly believe the marathon is only 3 weeks and 1 day away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in Seattle! Ive got one more tough week before my taper and then its the White Rock Marathon in Dallas. Looking forward to your race report.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up