Seattle Marathon and my Garmin

When I ran in the Houston marathon last January, my Garmin stopped working. I think it was running under one of the overpasses that did it. So this time, before running the Seattle marathon, I learned how to reset my Garmin: hit the mode and lap/reset buttons simultaneously.

While I was running in the fourth or fifth mile in the Seattle marathon (in the tunnel maybe), my Garmin got stuck. I reset it and turned it on (because resetting it turned it off). It looked okay.

Then it started beeping (with a short tune) and showed me this message: speed up! That was okay because I had slowed down and it reminded me to push harder.

Then it started beeping even when it showed that my pace was okay. Not okay! Perhaps it set itself for a faster expected pace?

Then it started beeping every few seconds, or at least it seemed like it. Annoying, but I didn't want to turn it off (I wanted my mile paces to look at after the race) and I didn't know how to fix the problem.

Finally, when I had a minute to check my pace after the marathon, I was sorry to see that I only had splits for the first three miles. My Garmin bunched the rest of the marathon time into one pace time, not 23-24 more mile splits. Disappointing!

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up