Training Runs

I experimented with a new gel yesterday (Espresso Love Gu) and then ran into the wind for two miles and kept a decent pace. Maybe the gel made the difference.

I turned the corner and planned to run a faster paced mile - straight down a long quiet road. Although it looked a little boring, I was looking forward to it and then I saw something I don't usually see. A deer stepped out of the wooded area beside the road, looked at me, ran across the road and jumped over the neighborhood fence. Then I saw a falcon on top of a pole. As I ran down the street, it flew ahead of me: pole to pole to tree and then away into the sky. Right after that, my husband drove up after going to the store and before I knew it, the mile was over. Sometimes distractions are good.

After running today, my husband and I headed over to the Sugar Land 30K race. I would have liked to run in the race, but it's only been two weeks since I ran in the marathon.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. I tried Lemon Sublime Gu today and it didn't make me feel ill like gels sometime do. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried that one. I'd probably like it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up