Chevron Houston Marathon Finish Line


There I am crossing the Chevron Houston marathon finish line! I'm the one in red on the left side of the finishing mat raising my arms.

After picking up my shirt, I found my husband. He spent the last couple of hours chasing me around the race route!

We stopped at Luling's BBQ for lunch. I wore my finisher's shirt and someone asked about the marathon... How long is it?!

I was a lot better off immediately after Sunday's marathon than I was after finishing my last marathon. Last time, I stayed in my damp clothes too long and turned into a shaking icicle. I could hardly hold a cup of hot soup in my hands. Dangerous! This time was completely different. I just walked a little slower.

...Until Monday. I was so sore. Wednesday was a good day, though. I was finally able to get up out of a chair without using my hands!

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Congrats on your fourth Houston marathon. Wow--that's GREAT! Hope you are feeling better now--those first couple of days can be rough.

    We loaded up on Tex-Mex after the race--can you say reward eating??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reward eating? Can you say cupcakes?!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your strong finish - what a great accomplishment! And thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brianna! Crossing that finish line was very exciting!

    Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I really like the finisher's shirts this year, and the bag was a bonus.

    I always tend to get cold after I get back in from a run and take a shower. That's when it hits me, even if I'm bundled up in sweats and under a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara!

    I like those finisher shirts, too. I think I've worn mine two or three times already - in the six days since the race. ; )

    Congrats to your daughter for running in the kid's race! You must be proud!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt