Marathon #5


Yesterday, I ran my fifth marathon - the Houston Marathon.

When I said good-bye to my husband at the race start, I expected to be calling him around mile two and asking him to take me home. (My foot has been hurting for about two weeks.) My finishing time (5:08:22) was slower than I'd hoped for, but when I didn't feel any heel pain and kept seeing another mile marker, I was glad.

Once again, the Houston marathon crowd support was loud and encouraging. Just imagine hundreds of people screaming your name (it's on your race bib) and telling you that you're amazing!

That makes four Houston marathons for me!

Photo: Running down the finish line - in the middle, dressed in berry pink.

Note: I ran my fourth marathon about 6 weeks ago, which may have something to do with my pain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt