Will Run for Cake


I saw a recipe for Red Velvet Cake in a running magazine and I tried it. The cake wasn't delicious, so I tried a second recipe. The cake still wasn't great so I tried a third recipe. Too bad I forgot that I was halving the ingredients to make a smaller portion, but I only forgot half of the time. The fourth time I made this cake, it came out just right. (I used a recipe out of Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book.)

Then I made the cake again today. Both layers stuck in the pans so that when they finally fell out, they were broken in two pieces (or more). I put extra frosting on the uneven parts. Maybe it's not very noticeable.

In my training log, I penciled in thirty-five miles of running, core work, calisthenics and weight work and since I was able to complete all of those exercise goals this week, pass me a big piece of cake, please. Oh wait, I already had a piece. Happy Valentine's Day!

March 20, 2009 update: Those Red Velvet Cupcakes, made from a recipe in a running magazine, were never frosted and were put in the freezer. I pulled one out and, ya know, I like them! They seem more like a chocolate muffin then a cupcake, though. I think that's what bothered me when I made them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up