ASICS Landreth 4 Shoe Review #1


A local running store in Sugar Land, Texas, Finish Line Sports, had a sale on some of their older model shoes so I went shopping. A runner always needs new running shoes. It's just one of those necessities of life: food, water, shelter and clothing (that's where the shoes come in).

I tried on some ASICS Landreth 4 shoes (on sale for $61), a shoe for neutral feet, and I ran up and down the sidewalk. I'd never worn these before, but they cushioned my heels and felt roomy enough for my toes so I bought them. I'll give the shoes a longer test run on the treadmill soon.

At the store Mike showed me a shoe lacing technique to prevent my heels from slipping in my shoes. I think it really works.

Here's a trivia question for you...What does ASICS mean/stand for? ASICS is an acronym derived from the Latin phrase, Anima Sana In Corpore Sano - a sound mind in a sound body.

Update: I ran in my new shoes the next day and I liked them.

Updated update: I didn't like my Asics Landreth 4 shoes after all. Click on the Running Shoes post label below to find out more. What shoes do I like? Mizuno Wave Rider 11 and Asics DS Trainer 13 shoes.

~Gotta Run Now

Comments

  1. Very cool site. I'm glad I don't have problems with a narrow heel though after looking at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the fix for the narrow heel and I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt