Hold that Plank!

I'm sipping on a fruit/yogurt smoothie as I write this. I'm glad that I made enough for two servings on Thursday.

I just finished my strength training session. With the clock beside me on the ground where I could keep my eye on it and my husband watching me (had to impress!), I was able to hold the plank (flat body with elbows and toes on the ground) for 2 1/2 minutes - my previous high for this year had been 2 minutes. Fitness for Mommies has some good information on the plank, nutrition and other exercise - related topics, too.

This is the third week in a row that I've completed one of my 2009 goals: strength training three times a week. Next up: one full month of strength-training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up