My Next Race, Maybe

After running in the Houston marathon, I started training for the Thoroughbred Half Marathon which takes place in Houston on April 19. I haven't signed up for it yet, but it helps to have a race penciled in on my calendar. I'd like to beat my PR of 1:50:57. That's a few weeks away, though, and now it's time to train, so...

Today, after a warm-up, I ran ladder intervals: I ran for 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, and 3 minutes each followed by equal active recovery (easy jogging) time. My goal was to run these at 5K pace (7:36/mi. pace) or faster which I managed three times, one of which was the last three minute interval. : ) It was windy which probably both hurt and helped. The intervals weren't too long and there weren't too many of them. It was a fun workout.

I used the running calculator at McMillan Running to come up with my pace goal. It's a handy calculator that gives you prescribed paces for training.

Comments

  1. I just checked out the link...what a neat race!! It's fairly close to me...benefitting a great cause...critters will be there for adoption... neato!

    I think that's the day after the Blue Bell Fun Run 10k though...thanks for the info and good job on your ladder workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use the 10K as your warm-up for the half marathon! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt