IHOP Hospitality and 4 Miles

My husband and I don't usually go out for breakfast, but today we got up at 5:45 and went to the IHOP restaurant for pancakes. While we were there, an elderly gentleman walked in, obviously a regular there, and the waitresses treated him like family with a hug, an "I'm so glad you're here" and even sitting down to talk with him. It was such a nice thing to see.

After eating breakfast, I ran four miles in my neighborhood. If it wasn't still and humid (not so good), it was breezy (better). It felt good to run at an easy pace, which turned out to be 9:51.

On my run, I saw four people (what a change from running in Houston's Memorial Park!) and a dead snake. I didn't see it until I was right beside it. If they're alive, you need to spot them sooner than that!

Pre-run: buttermilk pancakes with four (!) kinds of syrup
Shoes: Asics DS Gel Trainer 13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up