Progression Run

I've been looking forward to today's run because I've only done easy runs for weeks, but today was going to be different. Today, I did a progression run. There are a few variations on these. My plan was to run four easy miles and two moderately hard miles with no particular pace in mind.

In the last mile, I kept reminding myself that it was supposed to feel hard (it did), but then I'd come back with: but it's only supposed to be moderately hard. So I slowed down. But then I thought that it should probably feel harder at the end because I was getting tired. So I sped up.

Here is the average pace per mile from today's run: 10:05, 9:52, 9:49, 9:17, 8:51, and 8:29.

Pre-run: oatmeal with dried cherries and skim milk
Post-run: chocolate malted milk
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Rider 11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt