Raisin Bars Recipe


My kitchen smells like cinnamon. I just made some raisin bars. They taste like Cinnamon Roll Larabars which is no surprise, since those bars are made with similar ingredients. I think these would make a good post-run snack with the (almost) 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. And most important of all - they taste really good!

California Raisins Grab 'N Go Raisin Energy Bars

INGREDIENTS
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 200°F. Combine ingredients in blender or food processor; pulse on and off until raisins and nuts are finely chopped, but not puréed. (Mixture should not be sticky.) Press firmly into a 10 x 4-inch rectangle on a parchment lined baking sheet and cut crosswise into 5 bars each 1-inch wide. Separate slightly (and press back together if they fell apart like mine) to cook evenly and bake for 1 hour; let cool and wrap individually.

Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 260 (50% from fat); Total Fat 15g (sat 1g, mono 2g, poly 5g);Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrates 27g; Fiber 4g; Iron 2mg; Sodium 5mg; Calcium 29mg

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt