Asics Landreth 4 Shoe Review #3

I did a little research online. A few runners didn't like the Asics Gel Landreth 4 shoe until they ran 40 or so miles in them. I'm going to try to run a few miles here and there in my shoes and hope that they get better after being worn in. I've never needed to do this with my shoes before and I don't like it. I've put about 20 miles on them so I'm halfway to a comfortable shoe - maybe.

Today I wore my Asics Gel Landreth 4 shoes for 2 1/2 miles, changed into my comfortable and much lighter feeling Asics Gel DS Trainer 13 shoes and had no more intermittent pain on the sole of my right foot and ran 2 1/2 more miles.

The humidity is back. It really slowed me down, but that doesn't bother me too much. Hopefully, I'll be used to it soon.

Comments

  1. My Landreths (don't know what number they are) seem to have less cushioning and a harder, stiffer feel to them when I first put them on for a run. But I start to run and forget about them until I get home and start to take my shoes off.

    My first thought in putting them on is always "hmmm...maybe I shouldn't run in these today..." because they just don't feel comfy like my Nimbusessss...lots of pairs of these = )

    Anyhow, I don't think I'd want to do a long run in them but them seem fine for up to 6 or 7 miles. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for the info. : ) That's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/14/2009

    Chalk up another runner to not liking the Landreths until i put some mileage on them. Now they feel like an extension of my foot and am loving 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These reviews both make me hopeful about my own Landreth shoes. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt