Happy Muggy May Day!

After a hot and humid five mile run, I threw the ball for our Weimaraner. Zoe normally chases after the ball zillions of times, but on the second throw she just stood beside me and looked at the ball. It seemed very far away.

I know that feeling. Today a 1/2 mile was very far away. After a one mile warm-up, I ran a 1/2 mile four times with 1/4 mile recovery rests. Here are the splits: 7:08, 7:52, 8:05, and 8:04/mile. I must have given all that I had on the first one.

This was my first outside run in my Landreth shoes. When I put them on, I noticed that I could feel the tongue hit my ankle and wondered if it would bother me. The soles felt cushioned, unlike the "flat-feeling" Mizunos with 320 miles on them that I almost wore. In the first mile, I completely forgot that I was wearing new shoes. That's how I like it.

Pre-run: cinnamon/raisin oatmeal
Post-run: strawberry/banana yogurt smoothie
Shoes: Asics Gel Landreth 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt