Peanut Butter & Oats


This tastes like peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookie dough if you add vanilla protein powder - good for breakfast or a snack. I like to let it chill in the refrigerator before I eat it.

In a bowl, mash 1/2 of a banana with a fork.
Stir in 1/2 cup oats,
2 tablespoons peanut butter,
and 2 tablespoons raisins.

Nutritional facts for the above:
Calories: 453, Protein: 14, Carbs: 68, Fiber: 7 Fat: 17 Sugar: 25

Add vanilla protein powder or honey to taste.

Optional add-ins: cinnamon, wheat germ, flax seeds

Another idea: Sub in a small amount of milk for 1/2 the peanut butter to decrease calories.

(In some posts, I call this PB & Oats or the Breakfast Bowl.)

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this! I just mixed up a batch and will form them into "cookies" to take to pizza night tonight at John and Faithy's house. They sure do smell good and tasted good when I licked the fork.

    I love fast, easy, healthy things like this... post 'em when you find 'em!

    = ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like the recipe! Have a great pizza night!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up