To Whinge or Not to Whinge

I shall try not to whinge* about it, but I'm sick with a cold. I spent most of yesterday asleep. I don't have any energy for exercising. Running will be waiting for me when I feel better. Stay well!

Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Day for May 11:

*whinge \WINJ\verb: to complain fretfully : whine
"Whinge," comes from an Old English verb, "hwinsian," which means "to wail or moan discontentedly." "Whinge" retains that original sense today, though nowadays it puts less emphasis on the sound of the complaining and more on the discontentment behind the complaint.

Comments

  1. Hello Tina! Thanks for the comments. Treadmill running is definitely not the most fun.

    I hope you feel better! Whinge--I love it! Rest up and get better soon. You'll be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry = ((( I'll be praying for a rapid recovery!

    It always feels strange to think about having a cold when the weather is so warm. Maybe we should change the name of it...if you're sick in the winter, it's a "cold"...if you're sick in the summer, it's a "hot"...hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt