C'mon Rain!

I made myself some oatmeal first thing this morning. I heated some water up in a race mug and poured in some oats and raisins. I stirred in some vanilla whey protein, but that didn't taste good. I sprinkled on some brown sugar and cinnamon. Then it was good.

I went outside and was surprised by sprinkles. We haven't seen rain in ages. Our yard has big cracks in it because the ground is so dry. The neighborhood has a voluntary water rationing program now- we're to water on even numbered days only. I went back inside to get my visor, but I didn't need it after all. I ended up taking it off and attaching it (safety-pins are great) to my waist band. It was hot - 82 degrees F. (felt like 87), but it was overcast - a good change.

I ran about 4 1/2 miles outside and then I came home and as usual, took my shoes off and left them in the laundry room. I walked through the house, saw the treadmill and remembered that today was hillwork day. So with my shoes back on, I was on the treadmill with the fan on full blast and did 8 x 8 seconds of hills.

Then it was time for some chocolate milk and a banana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up