Give it Another Shot

This morning speedwork was on the schedule: 4 x 800m. at 5K goal pace. I was aiming for 7:30/mi. pace. My times were 7:29, 7:27, 7:37 and 7:39. The last two were a disappointment.

Of course I have excuses for missing the goal: A bug landed on my face. I ignored it (What self-control!) until it bit me. I tried to wipe it off my face. I've got more, but I'll stop there.

Anyway, I started my cool-down run, but I was still bugged about my time. I wondered if I could do better than 7:37. So I ran a fifth 800 meter. I ran it at a 7:24 pace (3:42 minutes). That'll do!

Pre-run: Breakfast Bowl
Post-run: Strawberry/banana/yogurt/milk smoothie
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Rider 11
Total Miles: about 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up